Ethan Miller/Getty Images
There’s something about Texas that the judges just couldn’t resist.
In case you missed the big news. Miss Texas Teen Karlie Hay was crowned Miss Teen USA 2016 Saturday night at The Venetian Resort & Casino in Las Vegas.
Between her intelligent responses during the always nerve-racking Q&A portion, to her choice of evening and athletic wear, the 18-year-old impressed viewers and the judges alike earning her the top spot in the competition.
So who exactly will be representing all 50 states and the District of Columbia in the year ahead? We’re so glad you asked! We compiled a few fun facts about the recent high school graduate. Something tells us you’re going to like the judges’ decision.
1. Thrills and Chills: If you asked what Karlie likes to do in her free time, the answer may surprise you. Based on her Snapchat takeover, she can never pass up on a trip to the amusement park. During a visit to the Kemah Boardwalk, a ride on the roller coaster, iron eagle and the pendulum ride was absolutely in order. “I love me a good adrenaline rush,” she admitted.
2. High School Stud: When not studying and maintaining her position on the honor roll, Karlie can be found participating in numerous extracurricular activities including varsity cheer. In addition, classmates know that if they want their picture in the yearbook, they better get in touch with Karlie. She’s not only a photographer, but an editor for the annual class memento.
3. Career Goals: Once she graduates from Tomball High School this year, Karlie hopes to stay close to home and enroll at Texas A&M University. As for what classes she will take up, that’s still too early to tell. However, she has a huge interest in becoming a businesswoman while also advocating for those affected by drug and alcohol abuse.
4. Break a Sweat: When taking over Snapchat, fans learned that Karlie likes to start her day with a little workout. Sometimes, you will see the blonde at the local Planet Fitness as early as 6:45 a.m. where she is on the bikes or working on her abs. After burning all those calories, however, a little bit of coffee may be in order.
5. Best Friend Alert: From the look of Karlie’s Instagram, there may be a special guy in her life. A boy named Cameron appears to be a close friend to Karlie. In fact, they even shared several picture-perfect moments together from their school prom. “The Astros might have lost, but with you I’m still winning,” Karlie wrote on Instagram while enjoying another evening out with Cameron. “I love you buv. Thanks for such a fun night!”
Darren Decker/ Miss Teen USA
E! Online – Your source for entertainment news, celebrities, celeb news, and celebrity gossip. Check out the hottest fashion, photos, movies and TV shows!